Friday, February 15, 2008

48. The Breakfast Club


48. The Breakfast Club
I choose this movie for my list because of the special place it holds in my heart. I think the lines are truely quotable and the story completely original (for its time). This was indie before there was an indie. The message is a little heavy-handed but I think that is perfectly acceptable for the teen audience. This may be the first movie I ever enjoyed that was mostly people sitting around and talking. Also, this film is totally eighties. If anybody ever wants to know what it was like to be a high school kid in the eighties, watch this film. My experience was never as extreme as any of the characters but I knew kids like them. I usually shy away from stories who's plot lines could be taken from my life but I'll make an exception for this one little movie.

No comments: