Friday, February 15, 2008

47. Sense and Sensibility


47. Sense and Sensibility
OK. I am a sucker for English accents. I'll admit that I like pretty dresses too. Those 2 things do not make a great movie. Its the story people. There's nothing more romantic than two people who should be together but just keep missing each other. Its the anticipation that gets you, the tension. Jane Austin knew this 100 years ago. I'll admit that I'm a little more keen on the story in Pride and Prejudice but this movie version is my favorite of any of her books. The actors are perfect, the settings are amazing, and the costumes are beautiful. Everything mixes together in that perfect way to make you feel transported. Emma Thompson plays Elinor as a wonderful mix of grace, strength, and pride that made me love her character. She's the kind of female character that doesn't kill aliens or zombies but I admire her anyway. The only thing I didn't get in this movie is how anyone would not want to marry Alan Rickman. Wealthy and hot. I'll take him!

No comments: