Friday, February 15, 2008

45. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon


44. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
I love Kung Fu. Sometimes, actors are passed off as martial arts experts in movies, but it just doesn't work. It takes years of training and a certain grace and flexibility most people do not possess to really pass. Then there are these people. I know that half the stuff they do is physically impossible and requires wires and effects but they do it with such precision and grace, I believe its real. Of course, amazing kung fu does not make a great movie any more than beautiful costumes and awesome sceanery. Ang Lee does a superb job of mixing action with a sad and sweet story. You don't get the super happy ending but somehow you knew at the beginning it wasn't going to work out well and that's OK. Did I mention the acting? Well, its great too. And Chow Yun-Fat is pretty foxy which doesn't hurt one little bit.

1 comment:

calicobebop said...

Girl, you know I love that movie. Romance and tragedy meet with high wire action and beautiful scenery. Does it get any better? I think not.

By the way, I tagged you on my blog. :) It's just a silly meme, but I thought I'd let you know. Have a great weekend!